Days in Aussie
non domestiques ♥
Sunday, September 7, 2008

BridgetoBrisbane Run

On 7th September 2008, at 0823, I completed my first ever 10 km run! With only 2 hours of sleep the night before, it was quite surprising that I was feeling all hyped up and energetic at 5plus in the morning, probably due to the pre-run jitters? The start and end points were at different locations so MJ drove to the ending point and we boarded the shutter service that ferried us to the start point. I was pretty shocked when approaching the bus queues, it was tremendously long!

Upon arrival at the start point, we saw the inclined bridge that we were supposed to conquer and the hoards of people all around! There wasn’t much squeezing though and we started half an hour after the supposed start time at 0700. When we finally reached the end of the bridge, we had already completed 3 km of the race! I didn’t realize it could feel so good to be running with such a BIG group of people. People from all walks of life were there. Along the way, there were ladies dressed up in costumes cheering us on, DJs with fantastic music and even live bands! What caught me by surprise was the amiability of the Aussies as they were small-talking during the race! I felt really good throughout the whole race, body was functioning well, legs felt ok.

Towards the last 1 km when we were already within the Ekka Showgrounds, we gained speed and when the Finishing Line was in sight, hand in hands with Xue Ying, we stepped across the line!! It was just exhilarating!!and the feeling of running and completing the race with someone's just great!! GC n Brisbane run next yr babe!!! Now, I can fully comprehend why people do long distance runs and there’s definitely MORE to come for me! Next on the list – Standard Chartered Run, 7 Dec.




Sunnybank-ed yesterday, the usual stockup of Asian food.

Finally satisfed my pulot hitam cravings. Thank god for Sunnybanks!

Pad-Thai & Tom-Yam Soup!! - celebration for submission of older peoples' essay.next up - tourism destination marketing

First Rainbow witnessed here.

{ 7:31 PM ; Ming Xian }

_________________________________________________________________________