Days in Aussie
non domestiques ♥
Thursday, August 7, 2008

So it turned out that we didn't make a wrong choice in volunteering for the Ekka carnival even though we had to be up at 0530 in the morning. It's a once a year carnival with cattle displays, shows by animals, carnival rides, food, shopping and SHOWBAGS!! Showbags are goodie bags with a certain theme to it, like if you get a Pooh one, there's like pooh coinbank, sharpener, memo pad etc. And some of it's real CHEAP like the retails prices can be 100 odd but its available at 10-20 bucks there!! I was quite tempted to get a few but managed to resist the temptations.

The spongebob one

Some random shop

More showbags!!


I wanna be a COWGIRL in my next life!!!
Met quite a number of them throughout the day and it seems sooo much fun to be one! With the hat & boots!!! *crosses fingers and pray that when I return next fri for my final shift of volunteering, the cowgirl hats would be going at half price* LOVE THEM!!! i wouldnt mind getting the straw hat either!! Housemate was just saying there isnt much use for it unless I'm gonna wear it to school. But it's nice!!!




My 'attempt' to milk a cow

The dagwood dog and strawberry sundaes that's a Must Have at the carnival.



I thought that this very simple ferris wheel at the carnival looked magnificient!


Fed a bulldog at the dog show pavillion as well. Cant believe I had the courage to do it!!


One of the many cute goats.



The dog that looked like a lion.

The best catch of the day... my cool sunnies for 5 bucks!!! (didnt manage to get a picture of it. it's rested nicely on my head in some of the pics though)

OH!!! Beijing Olympic's starting in less than 24 hours! Uberly excited!!


{ 9:08 PM ; Ming Xian }

_________________________________________________________________________